March 16 - 23
Across from Zephyr Field
We're unlike other consignment sales, and I can't wait for you to experience the reasons why we're growing so fast and have loyal consignors and shoppers. -- Erica Plaia Harrod, owner
What is Rhea Lana's?
A bi-annual consignment sale event (1 week in Fall and Spring) of HIGH QUALITY children's clothes, shoes, toys, books, DVDs, baby items, gently used maternity clothes and much much more. Consignors make 70% - 80% of their sold items and Rhea Lana's guarantees items if they are lost or stolen. Our consignors can pick up their check for sold items on the final day, along with the unsold items they don't wish to donate. (Rhea Lana's New Orleans donates items to the Restoration House.) Oh, and the best part? Consignors, Volunteer Workers, Moms-To-Be and Moms with military IDs (or copies of their husbands') can shop before we open to the public at our Private Pre-Sale Event! Check out this Video to see what Rhea Lana's is all about!
In the Meantime:
1) Join our Mailing List to keep up to date on important consigning deadlines, preparation & drop-off information, volunteer opportunities, and incentives. Don't worry, we keep our emails limited and never share your addresses with others. You can also follow us on our Facebook page, to learn other tips and information from us, our consignors and shoppers.
2) Start cleaning out your closets! As you turn over your children's closets when the seasons change, create a 'Consignment' tub with your children's BEST clothing or items they no longer use. Shoppers love to buy great quality name brand and boutique items for less at our events. Car seats, strollers, exersaucers, cribs, changing tables, infant equipment, pack n' plays, Jumparoos, large toys, and outdoor playsets are also among our most popular items. We typically sell 95% of baby equipment!
3) Become a Consignor Start preparing and entering your items into our online system. Be sure to check out Merchandise Preparation for guidelines. Here is our consignor booklet with step-by-step instructions on consigning and some helpful pictures as well.
4) Refer friends and earn more as a consignor. When you refer THREE new consignors to Rhea Lana's, you'll receive 75 rather than 70% of your sales!! When you refer FIVE or more new consignors, you'll receive 80% of your sales!! Be sure to tell your referral consignors to e-mail Erica and provide their name when they register to consign. Learn more about this program and other incentives.
5) Become a Volunteer and Shop First! The more hours volunteers work during or before the event, the earlier they are able to shop at the Private Pre-Sale Event. By signing up for three shifts during the event and helping distribute marketing materials prior to the sale, you will be considered a 'Super Mom'. Contact Erica to learn more about the many privileges that come with being part of this super fun group of women!
6) Let us help you market your business! Do you have a family-friendly business that shares the same target market as us, Moms with young children? E-mail Erica to inquire about vendor opportunities or placing your marketing materials in our goody bags to be given to the first 250 shoppers at our Fall event.
Volunteers are key to Rhea Lana's success. We are looking for people who would like to be a part of our leadership team. The leadership team will be instrumental in bringing the event to the New Orleans area. Please email me at email@example.com and put leadership team in the subject line. No business skills necessary. Tell your friends or meet new ones! We'll work hard, but have a great time while doing so. AND you'll be THE FIRST group to SHOP EARLY! Other volunteer opportunities are available, and those who do get to SHOP EARLY and take advantage of the best selection and prices. Check out our incentives and see how easy volunteering can be.
We hope you'll shop at our events and become part of our consignment family. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We are moms who love helping moms!
--Erica Harrod, New Orleans native and Owner of Rhea Lana's of Greater New Orleans
Erica Plaia Harrod | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | text or cell: 504.784.8188